At Lake Haven Centre we are always looking for Harmony with our customers and 21 March is a special day to celebrate Harmony and inclusion for all Aussies.
Pop in and see our Harmony Day display.
There are some fascinating statistics about Australia's diversity that can be good conversation-starters:
- nearly half (49 per cent) of Australians were born overseas or have at least one parent who was
- we identify with over 300 ancestries
- since 1945, more than 7.5 million people have migrated to Australia
- 85 per cent of Australians agree multiculturalism has been good for Australia
- apart from English, the most common languages spoken in Australia are Mandarin, Arabic, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Italian, Greek, Tagalog/Filipino, Hindi, Spanish and Punjabi
- more than 70 Indigenous languages are spoken in Australia.
These facts are taken from ABS 2016 Census Data. Check out the Australian Bureau of Statistics website.