R U OK? DAY
In support of this National Day Lake Haven Centre want to mark the occasion with a beautiful balloon display that asks Centre Customers "are you ok?"
There are 4 simple steps you can make:
- Ask - reach out to friends and love ones
- Listen - open your ears, mind and heart to others
- Encourage Action - explain with empathy the options available to them (see more detail below)
- Check in - reach out again soon to see how they have progressed (You may need to go back to step 2)
- YOU - the friend or family member that has already opened up and allowed space for this person to tell you how they are feeling. Sometimes a pleasant friendly ear is all someone needs and once they talk it through they may feel better.
- Their GP - Doctors are a great step to take in treatment. Medication and referrals to the right specialist can steer in the right direction.
- Headspace - Book a consult and speak to them about options
- RUOK? DAY Website
- Lifeline call: 131114