Mental Health Month
"Mental Health Month, held in October each year, gives us an opportunity to raise awareness about mental health and wellbeing through running a broad campaign and supporting community events. It is a chance to promote activities and ideas that can have a positive impact on our daily lives and the lives of others.
Each year, Mental Health Month ties everything together with a specific theme. This year’s theme is “Share the Journey”. From: http://mentalhealthmonth.wayahead.org.au/about-mental-health-month/the-mental-health-month-campaign/
Sharing the journey can mean many things:
- Telling your loved ones about both your successes and difficulties
- Reaching out to people who might be withdrawing from others
- Working with someone to find and access services or support
- Asking for help with day-to-day things when you need it
- Getting involved in group activities, like sports or book clubs
- Sharing a cuppa with a mate
Whether you reach out to someone who might be feeling a bit lost or find a way to connect with others when you need some help,
building positive social connection is something we can all try and do.
Lake Haven Centre know that our community are important to us and we want to Share the Journey with you, so throughout this month we will be sharing a range of things online and in-centre to support this cause.
Remember, if you need help there are organisations and people available to help.
Call Lifeline: 13 11 14